Friday, October 21, 2011

update

It has been a long week here at the Walker house. On Monday we went and saw Dr. Bauer (k's surgen). He is scheduled to get the implant in his right ear on December 13th. His implant will be turned on January 9th. I am so excited for this new chapter to unfold for him. He is such a bright boy who loves to learn, I just know that god is guiding us down the right path in choosing this option for our son. We got his speech report card this week, and I have never been prouder of him. He is now finally starting to make the m p and b sounds, he even completed three goals on his IEP. God has great plans for this child, and I am so thankful that I can say I am his mother. Preston has been sick all week with brochiolitis and an ear infection. So he has been cranky, but still doing a lot better with leaving his aids in. We went and saw the geneticist from Chicago on Thursday. He decided based on looking at the family history that he is going to start by testing for connexion 26. From what I understand this is one of the leading causes of congenital deafness. We should have the results back in approximately three weeks. It has been a good week, despite Wednesday night Kayden decided to break his hearing aid in half, I still have yet to receive an answer as to why he did it..lol  So for now he has a loaner until his is back from the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment